One of the biggest secrets in skincare is the use of watermelons. This may seem kind of wacky and crazy, but watermelon facial masks have been used for decades now to help people with any skin type prevent issues like acne, age spots, and premature aging.
You might be wondering how watermelons hold the nutrients to help improve the quality of your skin by making it look fresh and young, and it’s because watermelons are high in water content and contain incredible amounts of Vitamin C, B, and C.
According to Dr. Frank Lipman, watermelons not only hydrate and refresh your skin, but they also repair and protect your skin against harmful UV rays too.
Apart from being a delicious summer fruit rich in vitamins, watermelons also contain:
- Carotene, which helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lycopene, which is known to protect the skin against harmful UV rays, sunburns, and wrinkles.
- Water, which helps your skin stay healthy and hydrated.
- Vitamin A, known to prevent greasy or oily skin.
- Antioxidants, which helps your skin become clear and free of age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Not only does watermelon do that for your skin, but it also serves as an exfoliant due to the fact that it’s rich in malic acid.
So taking into consideration that we have so little time to go to the spa due to our busy lives, we can always create Do It Yourself Watermelon Cucumber Skin Masks.
The best part about these masks is that they’re easy to create, and you can wear them on a Lazy Sunday afternoon as you watch the kids or television.
Here’s what you will need:
- ¼ of a Cucumber
- ⅛ of a Watermelon
- 1 tsp of Yogurt
- 1 tsp of Milk Powder
Now that you have the ingredients the next steps are to:
- Squeeze the juice out of the cucumber, or blend the cucumber, so you have a few tablespoons of cucumber juice.
- Squeeze the juice out of the watermelon, or blend the melon, so you have a couple of tablespoons of watermelon juice.
- Mix the yogurt, milk powder, cucumber juice and watermelon juice together in a bowl until you have an even texture.
- Apply the mask on your face
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
The watermelon, cucumber, milk powder, and yogurt also serve as a toner too. So you can expect to see your skin clearing up within a few weeks (if not days).
The best time to apply this mask is usually in the evening, anywhere from 7:00 PM – 9:00PM so you have time to relax and unwind.
For the best results, apply the ESFOMI Premium Gold Night Ampule directly after using the mask and wear it for the entire night. Combining the mask and the ampule together at the same time is not recommended, but wearing the ampule at night can help accelerate and even intensity the results you are getting.